January 10, 2015

Architexture

Finally, I am going to post a whole bunch of painting images that have been piling up. I have been just hoarding these paintings, and not letting the world (the handful of people that may stumble upon this blog) see them. Tonight, I'm putting at least a few of them up.

The first one is my first painting of 2015, this architectural one. I saw a photo on my facebook feed that someone else took, and I was inspired. The buildings have so much texture to them, and that's what I wanted to show, hence the lame name. I updated the colors a bit, and voila, my view of the picture. I think it came out really well:

acrylic on canvas paper,
9" x 12"


And, since I basically plagiarized, I'll go ahead and post the original photo, stolen from facebook:


If I find the original source, I'll update this post and credit the photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment